Self improvement is also about helping others. It makes them and you happier.
It connects us together and creates better and stronger communities.
Helping others is not always about giving money, so if you think you can’t help others because of little money, think again. We can give ideas, our time and offer help if needed.
The world would be a far better place if everyone would help others on daily basis. Whether it’s small,unplanned or doing volunteering work, it will help us to feel happier and others around us also. If we help others regularly it’s also more likely others want to do the same for us when we need it.
We can help anyone friends, family or even strangers for example – giving people direction, helping tourist, offering a ride if the weather is bad, volunteering work, giving monthly donations, giving compliments and the list goes on and on.
So make it your goal today and the next to do something kind for another person. Small or big it doesn’t matter and ask them to do the same.
If you don’t know where to start let me give you some ideas
- Give a compliment, smile or just a hug (i would not recommend going out and hugging strangers, could be great but not sure everyone would like it).
- If you have free time check if there is any need for a volunteer close to you. I volunteer for the red cross, they are i think in most countries so you could check with them. It’s amazing working as a volunteer and has giving my friends for life.
- Instead of selling things you don’t use give them to someone who can’t afford to buy it. You can also give money donation to organisations that you would like to help. Remember it doesn’t matter how much you donate every thing is helpful.
- If you see someone who looks lost go ask if you can help.
- Be a listener, sometimes all people need is for someone to listen to them.
- Call friend or a family member and remind them that they are important to you.
- Offer to help around the house, walk the dog or babysit. People get tired and often need help but don’t ask for it. Be first to offer your help they will be sure to appreciate it.
Start today and never stop
Tell me what you think and if you have anything to add or questions, then feel free to comment or contact me directly. You can also subscribe if you want to be notified when new post come in.